Foxfire Village Council
January 9, 2018 Meeting Highlights
· The Council held a Public Hearing to consider a Request from Courtyard Properties, LLC to rezone 1.24 acres from Village Business District to RS30. The request to rezone was denied.
· Under the Consent Agenda, the Council approved:
1. December 12, 2017 Minutes
2. Appointed Helen Kirk to the Appearance Committee effective February 1, 2018 for a 4 year term.
· Zoning Administrator Lisa Kivett presented a report on December zoning activities.
· Mayor Pro Tem Frusco reported on Village finances as of December 31, 2017, tax collection and future budget meeting.
· Councilman Howze reported attending the West End Fire Department’s monthly meeting.
· Councilman Sedlak reported on recent water leak issues, his search for potential well-sites, and recent cleaning of the yard waste facility.
· Councilman Boito reported on recent dumping of yard debris, asked for suggestions on which roads to repave in FY2018-2019, and the irrigation line on Foxfire Blvd.
· Mayor McCue reported on an article in Southern City regarding texting, and the recent purchase of the Stonehill Pines 1,500 acres.
· Mayor McCue advised council would receive a draft copy of the Long Range Plan by weeks end.
· Council approved Amended Public Comment Procedures for Regular Meetings and New Public Comment Procedures for Work Sessions.
· Mayor McCue suggested looking into abatement procedures for code violations other than health and sanitation related violations.
· Council went into Closed Session Pursuant to N.C.G.S §143-318.11.(5) To establish, or to instruct the public body’s staff or negotiating agents concerning the position to be taken by or on behalf of the public body in negotiating (i) the price or other material terms of a contract or proposed contract for the acquisition of real property by purchase, option, exchange, or lease.
· Council returned to Open Session and adjourned at 7:53 PM
Lisa A. Kivett, CMC, NCCMC, CZO